To shoot or not to shoot?

The Commissioner of Police has the power to grant FULs to persons who have successfully applied. Only those persons who have lawful authority to carry firearms are allowed to do so. While the COP has the power to refuse applications, it should not be done to unfairly especially having regard to the high crime rate in Trinidad and Tobago. A licensed FUL holder may have his firearm revoked by the COP but it should only be done based on reasonableness. As of December 2021, there is no COP or an acting COP in Trinidad and Tobago and therefore no authority with power to revoke any firearm from a lawful holder.
Should a COP exercise the discretion to unfairly revoke a FUL, the holder has the right to approach to the Firearms Appeal Board.

Share Now: